For creative professionals, choosing the right resume font is particularly important. Here’s some expert advice to consider when making your selection.
For many hiring managers in the creative industry, how a resume looks matters as much as what it contains. Pick the wrong font, and you could jeopardize your chances of landing an interview. But because choosing the right resume font is subjective, we asked five noted design experts to share their favorites as well as ones to avoid at all costs.
Our resume font “creative council” included:
- Nicole Jacek, principal, NJ(L.A.)
- Tan Le, group creative director, Anthem Worldwide
- Richard Poulin, partner, Poulin + Morris Inc.
- Bonnie Siegler, principal, Eight and a Half
- Ann Willoughby, principal, Willoughby Design
Even among this small group, some discrepancies arose, furthering the great resume font debate. Read on to get their take — and then weigh in. Read the interview here.